Beware of frauds and scams
These advertisers are potentially scammers. We are currently investigating them, meanwhile users are urged to exercise a high degree of caution.
- Brayan hellen
- simon nicholas
These are known / reported scammers who have recently sent messages to listings. Please don't respond.
- Simon Jeffery email@example.com
- michael beregshasi <firstname.lastname@example.org> / email@example.com
- ANY email containing : "beregshasi"
Take care regarding these users (potential scammers)
adam ( firstname.lastname@example.org) - is sending messages to dozens of people re their advertised firearms.
Naturally ALWAYS ignore anyone suggesting involvement in any illegal activity, such as 'Under thee Counter' transactions.
I've noted this user do so: Liam dobson ( email@example.com )
BuyUsedGuns.com.au does not hold any responsibility for fraudulent ads. We do our best to ensure all ads are genuine within the parameters of our control. It is up to you to make a determination through contact with the seller. If you are ever the subject or victim of a fraudulent ad or transaction please advise your local law enforcement. You can also advise BuyUsedGuns.com.au if you think an ad is not genuine.
Things to watch out for;
- Be wary of sellers who say they are based overseas or are out of the country.
- Be wary of sellers wanting to receive payment of firearms through paypal or western union transfers.
- Request further photos or information about the item and be wary of sellers who cannot complete this request without a sufficient reason. Fraudulent sellers trying to sell firearms/items that don't exist may struggle to produce extra photos.
- Ask lots of questions, a genuine seller should have no issues answering your questions (within reason!).
- Always inspect or ask to inspect a firearm/item in person before purchasing. If the seller refuses or the firearm/item is unable to be inspected due to location, then purchase at your own risk.
- Always conduct a firearm transaction through a reputable and licensed firearms dealer, obviously.
- Use your common sense and walk away if something isn't right. Don't allow yourself to become a victim.
- Please advise the Buy Used Guns Admin Team if you think any ad is not genuine - don't allow some one else to become a victim.
- If you have any doubts you may contact the Buy Used Guns Admin Team for a second opinion. Though it must be noted we cannot make any guarantees that a seller is legitimate, but we might be able to suggest if they appear not to be.